Thursday, April 26, 2012

In the beginning...

     I have been thinking about starting a blog again for a while now. This time, however, I was thinking I would try to make it somewhat relevant to reality.. not just about half witted quotes I find hilarious, weird private jokes I can barely make sense of anymore, or stories about the shenanigans a bunch of single girls get into after a couple bottles of wine.
     I thought that this time, I would focus on something I am striving hard to make part of my life, something that I think someone else might find interesting besides myself and a few select friends, and most importantly, something I am passionate about.
     It's taken me a few years to get back in the swing of things. Life 'got in the way' for a while... until I finally realized that that is no excuse for not trying to live as naturally as I can, within my means. Not only would I have been saving money all this time, but my family and I would have already built healthier lives for ourselves.
     The lucky thing is, every little change for the better makes a difference. I have a long way to go, but i'm striving to better myself,... and the environment, one compost heap at a time! 

Some day I may make it to the mountains (or create my own commune ;) ) and I want myself and my family to be prepared, capable, happy and healthy!

This blog depicts my journey thus far and beyond,
 naturally delicious and healthy recipes,

a bunch of DIY stuff I have had a blast creating from a bunch of rubble my Fiance has dragged home from work,
and my attempt at proving I CAN live off the land! Even in an urban landscape. ( with the help of my darling Fiance's AWESOME green thumb!)


     I will no doubt gush about my love of Dr. Bronners products, tea tree oil and aloe.... NO ONE should live without these items! No one CAN live without these items! I will probably drive you crazy rambling on about my unhealthy obsession with mason jars and re-purposed wood! But hopefully, amidst all of that, I hope this will be a place to post and share easy, achievable ideas to help us all live a little more 'off the land'.. not just for survival, but for the beauty and fun in it all :)

2 comments:

  1. an inspiring start to a wonderful blog! i look forward to mooching off your successes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!! I LOVE your DIY projects! You are SO creative!! Thanks for doing this!! :D

    ReplyDelete